[News] Discussion of GPLv2 Clause 6 and Interview with FSF's Benjamin Mako-Hill

  • Subject: [News] Discussion of GPLv2 Clause 6 and Interview with FSF's Benjamin Mako-Hill
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:01:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

GPLv2 clause 6

,----[ Quote ]
| This week I was in Grenoble for the Embedded
| Linux Conference Europe. On the seond day of
| the conference â Friday â I was one of the few
| people wandering around in a suit. Even the
| guys who normally wear suits had dressed down
| to deal with the nitty-gritty of kernel
| threads, time sources, and boot time
| optimization.
|
| [...]
|
| PS. Thanks to Saul Goode for some very careful
| and relevant comments to my previous writing
| on the GPL version 2; in particular pointing
| to the US Copyright Code and how it doesnât
| restrict running the program at all â as
| indeed the GPLv2 itself writes âThe act of
| running the program is now trestricted.â
`----

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ubuntu-linux-communications,2431.html

An Interview With Mako

,----[ Quote ]
| My name is Benjamin Mako Hill. I am 28 years
| old, male, and I live in Somerville,
| Massachusetts just outside Boston. My day job
| is doing research at MIT. I am a fellow at the
| MIT Center for Future Civic Media and am
| currently doing work on a PhD somewhere
| between the Sloan School of Management and the
| MIT Media Lab.
`----

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/10/an-interview-with-mako/

Recent:

Benjamin Mako-Hill on Open Source vs. Free, GPL and Prepping for OSCON

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.oreilly.com/2008/06/turner-interviews-mako-hill.html