[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Turns 5

Humanity To Others: Five Years Later

,----[ Quote ]
| Five years ago today, the first ever Ubuntu
| (Warty Warthog) was released. Back then I
| was an Open Source Consultant working for
| the government-funded OpenAdvantage and had
| a (more) stupid beard. Five years later, I
| am working on my seventh release since I
| joined Canonical three years ago, and a
| more refined beard. :-)
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/10/20/humanity-to-others-five-years-later/

Happybuntu! 5 Years Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu community has a lot to celebrate
| this month: on October 16, 2004 the German
| ubuntuusers.de went online for the first
| time and October 20 of the same year saw
| the release of Ubuntu 4.10, alias Warty
| Warthog.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Happybuntu!-5-Years-Ubuntu

Happy Birthday Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, 5 years ago, on October 20th the
| very first version of Ubuntu was shipped -
| Ubuntu 4.10 "The Warty Warthog".
`----

http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2009/10/happy-birthday-ubuntu.html

Recent:

Happy Birthday, Mozilla - and Thanks for Being Here

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2247&blogid=14