[News] Clear Cut Pictures Uses GNU/Linux

Forbidden's FORscene chosen by Clear Cut Pictures

,----[ Quote ]
| Clear Cut Pictures has adopted Forbidden
| Technologies' FORscene as part of its client
| service offering.
|
| With FORscene's Load Linux system installed at
| Clear Cut Pictures, rushes and edit playouts were
| uploaded directly into FORscene at the same time
| as digitising occurred into local Avid Unity
| storage - all in real time.
`----

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20091020/forbiddens-forscene-chosen-by-clear-cut-pictures.htm

Recent:

New Hat Selects DataDirect Networks to Power the Most Advanced Mac and
Linux-Based Color Grading Workflow in Hollywood

,----[ Quote ]
| DataDirect Networks, Inc. (DDN), the data infrastructure provider for the
| most extreme, content-intensive environments in the world, today announced
| that New Hat, of Santa Monica, Calif., has selected the xSTREAMScalerâ SAN
| Solution, based on the S2A9900 Extreme Storage platform, to power its AppleÂ
| Macintosh and Linux-based uncompressed 2K color grading post production
| workflow. New Hat was founded in 2008 by the legendary award-winning post
| production team of Bob Festa, Clark Muller and Darby Walker and represents
| the most technically advanced Mac and Linux-based color grading post
| environment in Hollywood.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Datadirect-Networks-947044.html

Linux, PhotoShop, And Disney.

,----[ Quote ]
| At around the same time as my trip to Walt Disney World (give or take a few
| years), the Disney animation studio was adopting Linux.  The animators wanted
| Photoshop running on Linux.  Since Adobe wasn't providing this, Disney
| decided to fund a project to port the Windows version of Photosop to run on
| Linux under Wine.  And that's why, thanks to Disney, Photoshop runs on Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| And that's the main point of today's blog post.  Photoshop runs on Linux!
| Some folks out there may not want to make the move to Linux because they
| think they wouldn't be able to use Photoshop.  Not so. Photoshop runs on
| Linux!
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2009/01/linux-photoshop-and-disney.html

Disney using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| The Walt Disney Company is using Drupal for the ABC Family community website.
| ABC Family is a cable television network that they currently own. In 2002,
| Disney acquired the network from News Corp for $3.2 billion USD.
`----

http://buytaert.net/disney-using-drupal

Related:

Back from vacation at Disney World and Tux Racer is all over.

,----[ Quote ]
| So Iâm back form vacation and what did I see Tux Racer at every Arcade in the
| Parks. Thatâs right an Arcade version of our favorite birdâ.and it sure was
| fun to play.
`----

http://dthomasdigital.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/back-from-vacation-at-disney-world-and-tux-racer-is-all-over/

Dumping Office for Google Apps