[News] Interview with Vice President of the Apache Software Foundation, Firefox CEO

  • Subject: [News] Interview with Vice President of the Apache Software Foundation, Firefox CEO
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:03:16 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ROSE Blog Interviews: Noirin Shirley, Vice President of the
Apache Software Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| ApacheCon 2009, held November 2-6 in Oakland,
| California, will also be a celebration of the 10th
| anniversary of the Apache Software Foundation. In
| this interview, Noirin Shirley, VP of the ASF,
| discusses her work as a technical writer at Google
| and the upcoming ApacheCon event.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/ROSE-Blog-Rikki-s-Open-Source-Exchange/ROSE-Blog-Interviews-Noirin-Shirley-Vice-President-of-the-Apache-Software-Foundation

Firefox's crossroads: Cutting-edge or mainstream?

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla and Opera urge use of the Ogg Theora video
| format, which may be implemented in open-source
| software without licensing complications, and
| Firefox has had Ogg support since version 3.5 of
| the browser arrived earlier this year.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10378536-264.html

Recent:

Jim Jagielski, Apache Software Foundation Co-Founder, On Apache's Timeline

,----[ Quote ]
| In the early days, almost all infrastructure services
| were donated. Today, we host and manage our own
| infrastructure, greatly supported by the financial
| donations of our sponsors, but even so, we remain a 100
| percent volunteer-based organization, still true to our
| goals and ideals.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/jim-jagielski-apache-software-foundation-co-founder-on-apaches-timeline

Brian Behlendorf, Founding Member of the Apache Software Foundation Speaks on How Open Source Developers Can Save the World

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: Please tell us a bit about your history
| with with Web
|
| Brian Behlendorf: I have been on the ânet
| since I started at UC Berkeley as an undergrad
| in 1991.  While working at a new magazine
| called Wired in 1993, I helped them launch the
| first major publisherâs website, then later
| one of the first ad-supported sites, called
| HotWired.  I left that in 1995 to co-found a
| company named Organic which built commercial
| websites, then launched another company in
| 1999 named CollabNet, which creates open
| source development tools and communities.  I
| spent 2007 and 2008 doing quite a bit of
| public speaking and travel to promote Open
| Source software collaboration practices across
| the tech sector, and then since February Iâve
| been in Washington DC helping the Federal
| sector understand where Open Source software
| can help address some big challenges.
`----

http://www.thebitsource.com/2009/10/06/brian-behlendorf-apachecon-keynote/

Statistics: Web Grows, Apache Profits