[News] New Free CMS Software Produced: Jahia, Moodlerooms, Others

  • Subject: [News] New Free CMS Software Produced: Jahia, Moodlerooms, Others
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:18:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source CMS Jahia Gives More Control to Partners

,----[ Quote ]
| The new global Jahia Business Partner Program
| gives partners more control and flexibility
| with free pre-sales support and various levels
| of certification, including those for VARs and
| SIs scenarios.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/open-source-cms-jahia-gives-more-control-to-partners-005799.php

Moodlerooms and Datatel Combine Open Source LMS with ERP

,----[ Quote ]
| Moodlerooms is a private company that wraps its
| customization and programming services around
| the open source learning management system
| Moodle. Moodle provides a means for educational
| institutions to put course management online.
| It also features e-mail, blogs, wikis, forums,
| chat, RSS feeds, and multi-language support.
`----

http://campustechnology.com/articles/2009/10/19/moodlerooms-and-datatel-combine-open-source-lms-with-erp.aspx

Report in Depth: Most Popular Open Source CMS 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| On Friday we announced the release of the
| second annual 2009 Open Source CMS Market Share
| Report. The project was a collaboration with
| water & stone, an APAC-based interactive
| agency. The initial announcement addressed what
| the report covers, its purpose and some key
| highlights.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/report-in-depth-most-popular-open-source-cms-2009-005800.php

Recent:

2009 Open Source CMS Market Share Report Highlights Content
Management Leaders, Key Market Dynamics

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2009 Open Source CMS Market Share Report was
| released today and concludes that three brands -
| Joomla!, WordPress and Drupal - dominate todayâs
| market. Since 2008, The Big Three have solidified
| their grip on the market, with Joomla! taking the
| lead in many indicators for the first time since
| the projectâs launch
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/open-source-cms-market-share-r1531417.htm

Report: The Most Popular Open Source CMS, and Then Some

,----[ Quote ]
| Following on the heels of the 2008 Open Source CMS
| Market Share Report, this year we collaborated with
| water&stone to produce an improved 2009 version. The
| report is an interesting study of 20 dominant
| systems in the market. It's really not about which
| CMS is best, nor about relative comparisons beyond
| brand strength, sentiment and adoption patterns.
| We're aware of this.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/report-the-most-popular-open-source-cms-and-then-some-005789.php

Vote for the Best Open Source CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| Everybody likes award ceremonies,
| especially those in which regular people
| vote for the winner. Maybe this is the
| reason why the Packt Open Source CMS Award
| has managed to consolidate itself as a
| realistic and meaningful prize for the
| best open source CMSs around. After a
| month-long open nomination process, voting
| has started for the greatest open source
| CMS of 2009.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vote-for-the-Best-Open-Source-CMS-123694.shtml

Packt Publishing Announces Nominees for 2009 CMS Awards

,----[ Quote ]
| Technology book publisher Packt Publishing announced the
| finalists this week for its 2009 Open Source CMS Awards.
| Winners and runners-up from each of the five categories will
| win from $500 - $4,000 and take home a share of prize money
| totaling $24,000. Six 8 GB iPods will also be awarded at
| random to individuals who have visited Packt's Web site to
| nominate their favorite projects.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/packt-publishing-announces-nominees-for-2009-cms-awards

Get out the Vote: 2009 Open Source CMS Award

,----[ Quote ]
| This award is often seen as a competition between open source CMS projects,
| however, I view the award as an opportunity to promote open source and
| content management to the masses. I also know many in the content management
| field that use these type of awards to help them decide which open source CMS
| projects should be on their radar too. While the winning open source projects
| do enjoy winning their share of the $24,000 in award money, I think the
| projects are more appreciative just knowing their users thought enough of
| their CMS to nominate them in the first place.
`----

http://cmsreport.com/blog/2009/get-out-vote-2009-open-source-cms-award

Fourth Annual Open Source CMS Award Launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2009 Open Source CMS Award was launched today, inviting people to visit
| www.PacktPub.com and submit nominations for their favorite Open Source
| Content Management Systems. Now in its fourth year, the Award has helped to
| support a variety of Content Management Systems gain recognition in a crowded
| and high quality marketplace.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/fourth-annual-open-source-cms-award-launched

Yet another reason to love Open Source Content Management

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ecmarchitect.com/archives/2009/08/04/1027