[News] GNU/Linux Should be Marketed for Its Good Applications, Too

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Should be Marketed for Its Good Applications, Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:01:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Boosting Linux: Maybe we're going about it the wrong way?

,----[ Quote ]
| So in the end, I think that focusing on
| pushing people to use Linux strictly on the
| merits of the OS is the wrong way to go about
| this.  We should instead focus on the
| applications and what they can offer the end
| user, with Linux as the bonus prize.  And if
| we can do that, we should see a lot more
| people converting over.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/boosting_linux_maybe_were_going_about_it_the_wrong_way/

Recent:

8 Great Linux Apps Worth Bragging About, part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| There is such a wealth of great Free and Open Source software applications
| it's almost an embarrassment of riches, and we're going to look at 8 of them
| in this two-part series. Yes, we keep hearing the repetitive klaxon of the
| tireless FUDwagon: "Linux is no good because everyone needs Adobe Flash and
| Reader, Photoshop, and Games". I have news for those silly FUDsters: there is
| a whole galaxy of great software beyond silly old Adobe, Photoshop, and gory
| fragfest games.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6753/1/

Old: