[News] OpenOffice.org Has New Developer Snapshot, Labels Done Without OOo (Gimplabels)

  • Subject: [News] OpenOffice.org Has New Developer Snapshot, Labels Done Without OOo (Gimplabels)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:39:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New: OOo-DEV 3.x Developer Snapshot (build DEV300_m62) available

,----[ Quote ]
| Developer Snapshot build OOo-Dev DEV300_m62
| which still installs as OOo-DEV 3.2 has been
| uploaded to the mirror network.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/new_ooo_dev_3_x16

Fast labels and Card layout with Gimplabels (Open Source)

,----[ Quote ]
| Gimplabels is about as easy as it gets; no
| guesswork is involved when creating the new
| image to the exact specifications required,
| and the script composes the sheet without your
| intervention â all you have to worry about is
| designing one label the way you want it.
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/fast-labels-and-card-layout-with-gimplabels-open-source.html

Recent:

A sneak preview of new OpenOffice 3.2 part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| The last developer milestone ( DEV300m60)
| of OpenOffice.org has been released. The
| next version of OpenOffice.org 3.2 has more
| than 42 features and 167 enhancements . The
| final version is expected to be available
| at the end of November 2009.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/sneak-preview-new-openoffice-32-part-1

List of features of OpenOffice.org 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| As you could read with the last developer
| milestone ( DEV300m60) we reached the date to
| branch the code line for the OOo 3.2 release. The
| strings for translation were extracted from this
| milestone and were integrated into Pootle. Also
| the last features were integrated. So all teams
| can start to do their work to get released a full
| localized and stable build of OOo 3.2 at the end
| of November '09.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/list_of_features_of_openoffice

Security and Privacy Feature Improvements in upcoming OpenOffice.org 3.2

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.sun.com/malte/entry/security_and_privacy_feature_improvements1