[News] [Rival] Microsoft Crumbles from the Inside: Notable Employee Dumps Windows Mobile, Wants 20,000 More Layoffs

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Crumbles from the Inside: Notable Employee Dumps Windows Mobile, Wants 20,000 More Layoffs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:22:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mini-Microsoft giving up on Windows Mobile, getting iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| On the eve of the Windows 7 launch, the
| anonymous "Mini-Microsoft" employee blogger
| has resurfaced to offer his take on the
| state of the company, the new operating
| system, CEO Steve Ballmer, and more. It's a
| mixed bag, but the part that stands out most
| is this: Mini is getting an iPhone. And he's
| not happy about it.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/mini-microsoft_giving_up_on_windows_mobile_getting_iphone.html?ana=from_rss

The Decline and Fall of the Idealistic Spark

,----[ Quote ]
| The tipping point is when the organization
| and its leaders are Always Right, even when
| they're wrong. The problem with overt self-
| confidence is that it creates a culture
| wherein the leaders have no responsibility
| towards the membership and the community-at-
| large. A organization that never says, "We
| were wrong. We will fix this. We will change
| our behavior to avoid the recurrence of this
| problem, and we will look for the cause" â
| whether that happens in a small open source
| project or at Microsoft or a [Pick a Famous
| Cult You Love To Hate] â will always crumble
| from within. Some companies and
| organizations learn the lessons of their
| arrogance â we could argue who ought to be
| on that list â and survive. But that, too,
| comes at a painful cost.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/81751/decline-and-fall-idealistic-spark

Recent: