[News] [Rival] Terrible Financial Results for Microsoft to be Released Shortly

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Terrible Financial Results for Microsoft to be Released Shortly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:16:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Expectations low for Microsoft, despite signs of tech recovery

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite new signs of life in the PC market
| and positive quarterly reports from other
| tech giants, Wall Street analysts aren't
| expecting a great quarter. Analysts surveyed
| by Thomson Reuters expect revenues to
| decline 18 percent, to $12.4 billion, with
| earnings falling to 32 cents per share, down
| from 48 cents in the same quarter last year.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/expectations_low_for_microsoft_despite_signs_of_tech_recovery.html?ana=from_rss

No Oomph From Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's long-awaited Windows 7 finally
| hits stores today. But it comes too late to
| give any boost to the company's fiscal
| first-quarter profits, due out Friday.

`----

http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/21/earnings-windows7-software-technology-enterprise-microsoft.html

Recent:

Microsoft CEO lukewarm on economy

,----[ Quote ]
| "I am optimistic, but not as optimistic as the stock
| market," Ballmer, 53, said Friday at the Chief
| Executives' Club of Boston. Businesses will be slow
| to hire and invest, he said. "We are not through all
| the issues yet."
`----

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_13580385

Microsoft Recite dies on December 31, 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has announced that it is discontinuing Microsoft
| Recite, an application for Windows Mobile that uses voice-
| search technology to let users record and search voice
| notes. The product never made it out of the Technology
| Preview status.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/09/microsoft-recite-dies-on-december-31-2009.ars

Microsoft nixes Recite app

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is discontinuing Recite, a Windows Mobile
| application that lets people record audio notes to
| themselves and search them later by voice, according to a
| notice today on the Microsoft Recite site. The app will no
| longer be offered as of Dec. 31, 2009, the company says.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/09/microsoft_nixes_recite_app.html?ana=from_rss

Microsoft Recite wonât see the New Year!

http://www.duniyalive.com/?p=65991

Microsoft Kills Dynamics Mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft on Thursday said it has discontinued the mobile
| versions of its Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning)
| products.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/172648/microsoft_kills_dynamics_mobile.html

Microsoft kills Dynamics Mobile

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/180292.asp?from=blog_last3

Risk in office blogs

,----[ Quote ]
| Mini Microsoft, the anonymous blogger widely believed to be
| a well-informed employee working at the software companyâs
| Redmond headquarters, heavily criticised this yearâs
| Microsoft annual employee meeting. He gave a two-zero
| rating to Steve Ballmer, Microsoftâs chief executive, and
| described Stephen Elop, head of Microsoftâs business
| division, as âsuck[ing] the life out of the entire
| stadiumâ.
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/942fc036-7589-11db-aea1-0000779e2340.html

Microsoft offers no reasons for discontinuation of two Dynamics mobile products

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=4085