[News] New Audiocasts from Ohio Linuxfest 2009 and LugRadio

  • Subject: [News] New Audiocasts from Ohio Linuxfest 2009 and LugRadio
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:26:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

the_source Episode 10 "Ohio Linuxfest 2009" Released

,----[ Quote ]
| This episode includes interviews from Ohio
| Linuxfest 2009: 40 Years of Unix. Richard Weait
| talks about Ontario Linuxfest and Open Street
| Maps, Greg Boehnlein gives an overview of this
| year's conference, Shawn Powers from Linux
| Journal talks about the economy of linux, Dave
| Yates talks about South East Linuxfest and Doug
| McIlroy talks about the history of Unix.
`----

http://www.thesourceshow.org/node/170

Linux Outlaws 118 - Naughtify OSD

,----[ Quote ]
| We recorded this episode in one room together
| and are releasing to as soon as possible with
| minimal editing for a change. Since both of us
| are away for LugRadio Live and OggCamp at the
| moment, this was the only way to get the
| content out there without having a massive
| delay. Therefore, show notes will be added
| later, basically as soon as we get to it (most
| likely after the LRL/OggCamp weekend has
| wrapped up).
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/118

Editor's Note: Audio Production in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing to beware when you're shopping for
| external recording interfaces is they like to
| boast of having skillions of plugins. But they
| may not be the types of plugins you want. For
| example, it's common to see numbers like 16 and
| 24 I/O, but then they have only two mic preamps
| and the rest are midi, SPDIF, ADAT, MIDI, line,
| or instrument ports. I need lots of mic preamps
| and line/instrument ports; the rest, no.
|
| Stay tuned for further Linux audio production
| adventures, hopefully happy ones!
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-10-23-032-35-MM-HL

Recent:

Ohio Linux Fest 2009 Report

,----[ Quote ]
| This year was the first time ever that I've had
| the wonderful opportunity to visit Ohio Linux
| Fest, sometimes referred to as Ohio Linux Con.
| This year's theme was "40 Years of Unix" and
| there was a lot there that focused on that theme.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/ohio_linux_fest_2009_report/

Ohio LinuxFest report: "Forty Years of Unix"

,----[ Quote ]
| I just got back from OhioLinuxFest "Forty Years of
| Unix," and I want to report on what I heard, who I
| saw, and what I learned. I wasn't sure how it would
| be this year, with a slowed economy. Compared to
| last year, it had fewer exhibitors, but roughly the
| same number of attendees. The raffle tickets sold
| out, which is a good sign for any fund-raising
| activity.

The First Geek Wedding At a LinuxFest

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Ohio LinuxFest yesterday, two Linux geeks were
| married â or had their projects merged into a single
| trunk, as the officiant, Lord Drachenblut, put it.
| The wedding of Randy Noseworthy (proprietor of the
| Juiced Penguin) and Janet Edmonson was announced last
| week and was live-tweeted by at least one attendee â
| here's his photo of the happy couple.
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/09/26/1821218/The-First-Geek-Wedding-At-a-LinuxFest

Recent:Registration deadline extended one more day

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to overwhelming demand, we have extended the Ohio
| LinuxFest registration until midnight Tuesday, September 22.
| Please register today if you have not done so already and are
| planning on coming to Ohio LinuxFest 2009. Walk-in
| registrations at the day of the show may be possible for the
| enthusiast and professional packages (OLFU), subject to space
| availability
`----

http://www.ohiolinux.org/node/597

Ohio Linux Fest [September 25-27] Back to the Future of Linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't miss your last chance to register for Ohio Linux Fest! A mere two weeks
| away on September 25-27, it's coming faster than a Free Software freight train!
| Registration has been lighter than past years please forward this release to
| friends in the Ohio and surrounding areas. Columbus, Ohio The seventh annual
| Ohio LinuxFest will be on September 25-26, 2009 at the Greater Columbus
| Convention Center, in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
`----

http://www.ohiolinux.org/future-bethere.html

Ohio LinuxFest is ready for 40 Years

,----[ Quote ]
| Ohio LinuxFest is definitely one of my favorite Linux and open-source
| conferences. If youâve never been to a Linux conference, now is a great time to
| begin. If you have, itâs also a great time to experience this conference.
`----

http://fosswire.com/post/2009/9/ohio-linuxfest-40-years-of-unix/

Ohio LinuxFest 2009 Sept 25-26

,----[ Quote ]