[News] Fedora 12 Looks Fantastic: "It Was My Idea..."

  • Subject: [News] Fedora 12 Looks Fantastic: "It Was My Idea..."
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:52 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

REVIEW: Red Hat Fedora 12 Beta Makes Progress on
System Privilege, Virtualization Fronts

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora, Red Hat's leading-edge Linux-based OS,
| has hit a beta milestone. eWEEK Labs' tests
| show that Fedora 12 will provide the latest and
| greatest versions of popular open-source
| applications, as well as features that
| strengthen not only Fedora but also Linux
| distributions in general. In particular, Fedora
| 12 advances the state of Linux system privilege
| management on multiple fronts and exhibits
| continued progress in virtualization.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/REVIEW-Red-Hat-Fedora-12-Beta-Makes-Progress-on-System-Privilege-Virtualization-Fronts-594288/

Linux & Open Source: LABS GALLERY: Fedora 12 Beta Boasts
Security, Management and Virtualization Updates

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/LABS-GALLERY-Fedora-12-Beta-Boasts-Security-Management-and-Virtualization-Updates-572687/

Recent:

Good Things on the Way

,----[ Quote ]
| - Fedora 12: Just five days after openSuSE,
| the final release of Fedora 12. In addition
| to the usual progress to the latest Linux
| kernel, Gnome and such, there is new and
| better video support, an ingenious
| improvement in Bluetooth support (good news
| for me, as I use mice and printers this
| way), and much, much more.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014273o-2000498448b,00.htm

Five Linux alternatives to Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora
|
| Fedora is Red Hat's community Linux
| distribution and it's a winner. That said,
| it's a cutting edge distribution. You'll
| find new features in the forthcoming Fedora
| 12, like kernel memory management via KSM
| KSM (kernel samepage merging) that are may
| be a little too bleeding edge for some
| users. I like Fedora, but its target
| audience is Linux experts, not Linux
| newcomers.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/14965/five_linux_alternatives_to_windows_7

Fedora 12 polishes Linux for netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project has released the first beta
| of Fedora 12, the next major revision of the
| Fedora Linux line, and though it's still a work
| in progress, there are already some standout
| features, including a much improved power
| management system and support for the Moblin
| project, Intel's effort to make Linux work
| better on netbooks and mobile devices.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/10/20/fedora_12_beta_1_review/

Fedora 12 Beta Chock Full of Enhancements

,----[ Quote ]