[News] More E-Ink Devices (like E-Readers) Target Linux with ARM

  • Subject: [News] More E-Ink Devices (like E-Readers) Target Linux with ARM
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:01:35 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Freescale merges ARM, E-Ink for next-gen e-book hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| Freescale Semiconductor has announced a
| collaboration with E-Ink that will bring e-paper
| display controllers directly to ARM-based chips.
| This move paves the way for future e-paper
| displays that have color and animation.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2009/10/-freescale-the-ailing-semiconductor.ars

Recent:

Android Spreading Out to Netbooks, and E-Ink Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Although it is still early enough in development that it may not become a
| shipping product, Asus has confirmed that it has been developing a netbook
| based on Google's Android platform. Asus' Eee PC division lead, Samson Hu,
| told Bloomberg that engineers are working on a possible end-of-year release
| window. We've written before about Cupcake, a version of Android that is
| friendly to non-phone devices, and there have already been successful efforts
| putting Cupcake on netbooks.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/android-spreading-out-to-netbooks-and-e-ink-devices

Mobile Firefox demonstrated on Linux-powered E-Ink display

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090120-mobile-firefox-demonstrated-on-linux-powered-e-ink-display.html