[News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Alive and Kicking (Especially Outside US)

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Alive and Kicking (Especially Outside US)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:18:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Netbooks: They're Still Out There

,----[ Quote ]
| For example, Dell has expanded their offerings,
| with desktop and laptop offerings in addition to
| their Inspiron Mini 10v. The smaller (8.9" screen)
| Dell Vostro A90 (formerly the Inspiron Mini 9v)
| remains available starting at $219 factory direct.
`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/10/linux-netbooks-theyre-still-ou.html

Microsoft signs some scam-like marketing deals:

An Amazing Coincidence or Something More Sinister?

,----[ Quote ]
| Hewlett-Packard also did something yesterday,
| albeit very quietly. HP removed Linux entirely
| from the part of their website where they sell
| netbooks. The day Windows 7 became available
| the HP Mi interface appears to have died a
| quiet death. A visit to the HP Mini pages
| reveals that HP is only offering "genuine"
| Windows 7 and "genuine" Windows XP. I also
| noticed that the HP Mini 110 also sports a new,
| higher starting price, a full US $25 more than
| when I ordered mine earlier this month. I have
| to assume the Windows license is part of the
| higher price.
`----

http://ever-increasing-entropy.blogspot.com/2009/10/amazing-coincidence-or-something-more.html

Recent:

Five reasons to buy an Android laptop...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://m.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/27925