[News] [Rival] More Shilling Accounts in Twitter, Courtesy of Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More Shilling Accounts in Twitter, Courtesy of Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:31:42 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

More Twitter Love From Microsoft As It Sets Up @MicrosoftHelps

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Perez, the company even talked to
| Best Buy to learn more about what it could do
| on Twitter.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/22/more-twitter-love-from-microsoft-as-it-sets-up-microsofthelps/

Recent:

When is a RT Bot not a RT Bot? â Hashwindows?

,----[ Quote ]
| Thats really academic and not the point of
| todays article.  Today we are going to look at
| the Twitter account HashWindows who,
| presumably is a bot which RTâs posts
| containing keywords relevant to the topic it
| RTâsâno surprises hereâWindows!
|
| Before we look at how robotic or automated
| this account really is, let me just say that I
| have not yet established if Hashwindows is an
| official Microsoft account (one of many) and
| nobody seems to know.  It lists its location
| as Pearl, but has no contact details or means
| of tracing its origins, sounds like one of the
| MS Faithful so far eh?
|
| I first noticed Hashwindows a few months ago
| in my replies section of Twitter, I thought it
| was quite funny how it would RT my comments
| (some of which hardly made favorable reading)
| As time went on I lost interest in what I
| considered was a Twitter spam bot and
| dismissed it as a badly coded piece of work
| that blinded spouted RTâs of Windows related
| subjects (a little like the MS faithful do
| Steve Ballmers comments)
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/10/15/when-is-a-rt-bot-not-an-rt-bot-hashwindows/

Key Perspectives on the FTC Blogger Guidelines

,----[ Quote ]
| An interesting development has occurred in the
| story of the controversial FTC guidelines for
| sponsored blogging/social media. The
| Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has
| called upon the FTC to rescind the blogger
| rules, and has questioned the
| constitutionality of them. As you may know,
| there have been a lot people calling them an
| infringement on free speech.
|
| The IAB says the rules unfairly and
| unconstitutionally impose penalties on online
| media for practices in which offline media
| have engaged for decades. In an open letter to
| FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz, Randall
| Rothenberg, the President and CEO of the IAB,
| called the FTCâs distinction between offline
| media and online media, "constitutionally
| dubious."
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/10/16/key-perspectives-on-the-ftc-blogger-guidelines

Windows 7 Freebies For Twitter Fans

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is continuing its social media campaign to
| promote Windows 7. Twitter users who search for the
| #WinWin7 tag can win pizzas, candy, gaming keyboards and
| other "somewhat goofy" prizes, a spokesman said.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=220200062

Microsoft Tests Social Media Monitoring Product

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has developed a social media analytics tool
| that's designed, among other things, to improve a marketing
| organization's ability to adjust to social media phenomena
| on the fly.
|
| Called "Looking Glass," the product is still in prototype
| and will only be available to a few companies in the near
| term. It sends e-mail alerts when social media activity
| picks up considerably. The sentiment (i.e., negative or
| positive) of that chatter and the influence level of the
| content creator are reported in the alert. Digital flow
| charts show what days of the week generate the most
| activity on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, and other
| social media sites.
`----

http://www.clickz.com/3635086

Microsoft Wants To Make A Play In Social Media Monitoring

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-microsoft-wants-to-make-a-play-in-social-media-monitoring/

Microsoftâs Looking Glass Will Let Marketers Peer Into A Real-Time Social Stream

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/09/23/microsofts-looking-glass-will-let-marketers-peer-into-the-social-stream/

Yipee! Microsoft Enters the Social Media Monitoring Space

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/09/yipee-microsoft-enters-the-social-media-monitoring-space.html

Will Microsoft's LookingGlass Shed New Light On Social Media?

,----[ Quote ]
| A new product in development by Microsoft Advertising under
| the code-name "LookingGlass" may be the help brands are
| looking for.
`----

http://inventorspot.com/articles/will_microsofts_lookingglass_shed_new_light_social_media_32934

Microsoft Wants to Help Marketers Manage Messy Social Media

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://adage.com/digital/article?article_id=139199

`----