[News] Leeenux Linux and Vuurmuur 0.8 bÃta 2 Released

  • Subject: [News] Leeenux Linux and Vuurmuur 0.8 bÃta 2 Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:40:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Leeenux Linux released

,----[ Quote ]
| Leeenux Linux is an operating system for
| netbooks, mainly for ASUS Eee PC with 7"
| screen, but works on all netbooks that have
| Intel graphics. It is based on Ubuntu and
| easypeasy and contains only free and open
| source software.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/component/content/article/331-leeenux-linux-released

Vuurmuur 0.8 bÃta 2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Vuurmuur 0.8 bÃta 2 is released. Vuurmuur
| (Dutch for Firewall) is a powerful Firewall
| Manager built on top of the Linux Iptables.
`----

http://www.itrunsonlinux.com/component/content/article/117-vuurmuur-08-beta-2-released

Jolly Good Jollicloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Many mainstream Linux distributions like
| Fedora, Ubuntu, and Mandriva provide support
| for popular netbook models. Consequently,
| they run on your little companion pretty
| much right out of the box. However, the
| desktop metaphor that works so well on
| conventional PCs and laptops doesnât
| translate very well to the netbook computer.
|
| Why? Because netbooks are designed for
| radically different usage scenarios.
| Realizing that, developers have been trying
| to build an alternative interface that would
| provide quick access to key applications and
| let you operate your netbook with a minimum
| effort.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/40636

Recent: