[News] New Free Software Targets Hospital Information Systems, Blogs, Atom

  • Subject: [News] New Free Software Targets Hospital Information Systems, Blogs, Atom
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:27:59 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Hospital Launches Open Source Software Hospital Information System

,----[ Quote ]
| The Sarawak General Hospital (SGH) Cardiac
| Centre, an internationally-recognised
| leading heart centre, is the latest in the
| region to use the myCare2x Open Source
| Software (OSS) Hospital Information System
| (HIS).
`----

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=449833

After the Deadline, Language Checking Software Used by WordPress, Now Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| The plugin's creator, Raphael Mudge, announced
| today that he has released the source code for
| After the Deadline (AtD) under the GNU General
| Public License. "Weâre also announcing a jQuery
| API for After the Deadline. Now you can add an
| AtD check to a DIV or TEXTAREA with little
| effort," writes Mudge. This is the same API
| that powers the Intense Debate plugin I wrote
| about recently.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/after-the-deadline-language-checking-software-used-by-wordpress-now-open-source

Java-based Abdera open-source tools implement Atom services

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2005, programmers began work on Abdera,
| an open source Java-based implementation of
| Atom that has been used in Lotus
| Connections, WSO2 Registry, and Mule.
| Version 0.4 was released last year. The
| project was moved out of incubation status
| to its new home on the Apache site late last
| year.
`----

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid26_gci1372392,00.html

Recent:

Misdirected spyware infects Ohio hospital

,----[ Quote ]
| He allegedly sent the spyware to the woman's Yahoo e-mail
| address, hoping that it would give him a way to monitor
| what she was doing on her PC. But instead, she opened the
| spyware on a computer in the hospital's pediatric cardiac
| surgery department, creating a regulatory nightmare for the
| hospital.
`----

http://www.cio.com.au/article/319073/misdirected_spyware_infects_ohio_hospital

London hospital recovers from Conficker outbreak

,----[ Quote ]
| An east London hospital has confirmed its computer systems were infected by
| the Conficker worm earlier this month.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/24/nhs_hospital_conficker/

Cambridge hospital cleans up after mystery malware infection

,----[ Quote ]
| An unnamed computer virus infection forced a UK hospital to temporarily shut
| down part of its network earlier this week.
|
| An unspecified number of computers at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge were
| hit by the malware. A spokesman explained that the hospital continued to
| operate normally while IT staff grappled with the infection. He stressed that
| patients were not affected by the incident, which was resolved in a matter of
| hours.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/03/hospital_malware_outbreak/

Feds' red tape left medical devices infected with computer virus

,----[ Quote ]
| The Conficker Internet virus has infected important computerized medical
| devices, but governmental red tape interfered with their repair, an organizer
| of an antivirus working group told Congress on Friday.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10232284-83.html

Conficker worm hits hospital devices

,----[ Quote ]