[News] Telecom AstroTurf Against the Web Gets More Bizarre

  • Subject: [News] Telecom AstroTurf Against the Web Gets More Bizarre
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:56:09 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Retired Telco PR Exec Who Sent XYZ Corp. Letter To FCC Insists He Wrote It

,----[ Quote ]
| Really? I'm really trying to give this guy
| the benefit of the doubt, but I can't come
| up with a single explanation for why he
| would write "XYZ Organization" when writing
| a letter himself from a group of people he
| supposedly represents. If you're the one
| writing the letter, on behalf of your
| supposed organization, why would you include
| "XYZ Organization"?
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091026/1732156683.shtml

AT&T and astroturf: is "following the money" enough?

,----[ Quote ]
| As the FCC prepares to lay down tougher net
| neutrality rules, hundreds of nonprofit
| groups
| are filing comments urging the agency to go
| slow on the policy. Is telco funding behind
| this push? Ars investigates the murky world
| of lobbying.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/10/the-anti-net-neutrality-movement-is-it-just-about-att-money.ars

Recent:

Guy Who Signed 'XYZ Corp.' Astroturf Letter... Worked As Telco
PR Person For Nearly 3 Decades?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091024/1547326664.shtml