[News] Vista 7 is Just Like Vista... Fails on Live Television

  • Subject: [News] Vista 7 is Just Like Vista... Fails on Live Television
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:42:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why can't some people make Windows 7 work?

,----[ Quote ]
| I feel fairly confident that it will not
| turn hairy users bald, nor cause sane users
| to enter institutions of mental
| restructuring.
|
| However, I have been watching these two
| pieces of film from Japan with some small
| prick of concern.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10383702-71.html

Surprise! It's Already Started.

,----[ Quote ]
| College students, too, are experiencing
| problems when trying to install the new
| Windows 7. The problem stems from a
| Microsoft offer. For a limited time,
| students can purchase Windows 7 for only
| $29.00. However, it appears when students
| download and install the package, it's
| either corrupt of missing some key files.
|
| I spoke with my nephew Mike (he has a CSI
| degree and works in the IT field) about
| installing Windows 7. He was on his way to
| his local MicroCenter to buy a copy of
| Windows 7. (He has to keep up with anything
| and everything new in the computer industry.
| And yes, he runs Linux) When installing
| Windows, Linux, etc., Mike always backs up
| his files, wipes his hard drive, and then
| does a fresh install.
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2009/10/surprise-its-already-started.html

Windows 7 is 'Restrictive' for Netbooks, Claims Linux Rival

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2009/10/27/windows-7-restrictive-netbooks-claims-linux-rival

Days ago:

[Former Microsoft employee]: Linux is the future, even after Windows 7 release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/guest_post_windows_7_doesnt_change_the_fact_that_linux_is_the_future.html