[News] CIOs Explain Why They Choose Free(dom) Software

  • Subject: [News] CIOs Explain Why They Choose Free(dom) Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:34:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why CIOs are saying yes to open source software

,----[ Quote ]
| Nicholas Bellenberg, IT director at Hachette
| Filipacchi, said all of the publishing house's
| web development is based on open source
| technology: "I can't imagine why anyone would
| use anything different! There's no point in
| spending a fortune on proprietary systems or
| programming frameworks that don't move with the
| times. And yes, you can scale it big - Facebook
| does."
`----

http://management.silicon.com/itdirector/0,39024673,39607327,00.htm

Zimbra gets Interactive Ideas

,----[ Quote ]
| Messaging software vendor Zimbra has signed up
| distributor Interactive Ideas to help build its
| UK channel and the two firms claim interest in
| open source technologies is on the up.
|
| Interactive Ideas will focus on the Zimbra
| Collaboration Suite (ZCS) which uses an AJAX
| web client. The product integrates email,
| contacts, shared calendar, messaging, tasks and
| online document sharing.
`----

http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn/news/2252147/zimbra-gets-interactive-ideas

Recent:

After Vista flop, Indian CIOs not open to new Windows

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Indian-CIOs-not-open-to-new-Windows/articleshow/5007253.cms