[News] Recommended Firefox and OpenOffice.org Extensions, Oracle Committed

  • Subject: [News] Recommended Firefox and OpenOffice.org Extensions, Oracle Committed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:43:33 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Rule the Web with Four Firefox Add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of the time, we think of the Web as
| static: We accept sites the way they are and
| grumble about the problems with sites that
| arenât entirely optimal. With Firefox, this
| isnât necessarily the way it has to be. With
| a few well-placed add-ons, you can tweak
| some of your favorite sites to be just what
| you want them to be.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7595/1.html

6 must have addons to enhance your Openoffice.org experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Almost everybody does a certain amount of
| word processing on their systems. One of the
| most popular word processing apps around is
| OpenOffice, the 3rd version of which as at
| yesterday (October 28) has been downloaded a
| hundred million times.
|
| What makes this great office suite wonderful
| to use is the extent to which  you can
| customize it with the thousands of freely
| available addons. These addons add extra
| features to make working with Openoffice
| very interesting. Below are 6 of such addons
| you definitely need to install to take your
| Openoffice.org to the max.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/10/6-must-have-addons-to-enhance-your-open.html

Oracle unveils plans for MySQL, GlassFish, NetBeans, and OpenOffice

,----[ Quote ]
| To be completely honest, none of Oracle's
| plans come as a surprise.  And at the end of
| the day, the FAQ is not legally binding, nor
| is it a commitment to deliver products,
| code, or functionality. Oracle clearly
| states this at the end of the FAQ. This too
| is completely understandable.  Oracle, like
| any other company with shareholders, will
| have to evaluate and adjust its plans and
| intentions on a product-by-product basis
| over time. Oracle has a fiduciary duty to do
| so.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/oracle-unveils-plans-mysql-glassfish-netbeans-and-openoffice-108

Recent:

OpenOffice project celebrates 100 million downloads since version 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers are currently working on new
| features for version 3.2 of the office
| suite, which is currently in beta and
| expected to be available at the end of
| November. The latest stable release of
| OpenOffice is version 3.1.1. OpenOffice is
| released under version 3 of the GNU Lesser
| General Public License (LGPLv3).
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/OpenOffice-project-celebrates-100-million-downloads-since-version-3-0-845243.html

Firefox Mobile on the way