[News] [Rival] Paid-for IDC Propaganda from Microsoft Leads to backlash

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Paid-for IDC Propaganda from Microsoft Leads to backlash
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 14:40:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

As Microsoft Goes, So Goes Nation?

,----[ Quote ]
| Turns out we were wrong, for it is solely
| Microsoftâs recovery that is being hoped for
| (presumably by Steve Ballmer and the population
| of Greater Seattle, if no one else). Nowhere in
| the article was there any mention of hopes for a
| broad-based U.S. recovery. Nor did the article
| speculate on whether Microsoft, the General
| Motors of the software industry, might help pull
| the rest of the economy out of the hole.
`----

http://news.goldseek.com/RickAckerman/1256536860.php

"Microsoft-sponsored" lies.

Recent:

IT jobs will grow faster than general employment, according to Microsoft study

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft hired research firm IDC to do
| a study on the economic impact of
| information, software and the Microsoft
| ecosystem worldwide, which it released
| late Sunday night. The company uses the
| study for government lobbying.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2010000935_microsoftcommissionsstudyitjobswillgrowfasterthangeneraleconomy.html

Microsoft sees ICT investment as crisis-beater

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.euractiv.com/en/infosociety/microsoft-sees-ict-investment-crisis-beater/article-186171