[News] The Juice Works at Fedora, Red Hat Analysis Published

  • Subject: [News] The Juice Works at Fedora, Red Hat Analysis Published
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:10:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The juice works.

,----[ Quote ]
| During the time before and following Beta
| release I actually took some of my limited
| spare time and found and filed some bugs.
| A couple ended up as duplicates, of course.
| Any time you have a Linux distribution with
| millions of users youâre bound to have a
| few people running into the same problem.
| Hopefully one of them takes the time to
| file a bug, knowing that will help
| developers track down the problem, and make
| life better for their fellow users. Itâs
| easy to say, âWell, I donât need to file
| this, because someone other than me will
| get around to it.â But of course, if
| everyone says that, then no one files the
| bug and nothing gets better.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2846

Red Hat, Inc. - SWOT Analysis - Aarkstore Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat is a provider of open source
| solutions for Internet computing. The
| company provides custom engineering
| services to develop end-to-end software
| solutions primarily for use in the UNIX and
| Linux markets and also provides support and
| maintenance services for these software
| solutions.
`----

http://www.prminds.com/pressrelease.php?id=15548

Recent:

9 awesome features to look out for in Fedora 12

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 12 which is scheduled to debut this
| November  has some of the best features
| ever. Like all itâs previous releases,
| Fedora has always included cutting edge
| technologies. In this article we will have
| a look at 9 awesome features that Fedora 12
| has.
`----

http://digitizor.com/2009/10/25/9-awesome-features-fedora-12/

Open-Source ATI R600/700 3D Support In Fedora 12

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 12 provides "out of the box" support
| for kernel mode-setting with ATI R600/700
| series graphics hardware, but it does not
| provide 3D acceleration by default.
| However, Red Hat's X developers have made
| it very easy to enable this 3D support for
| the ATI Radeon HD 2000, 3000, and 4000
| series hardware by just installing a
| special Mesa package from yum. In this
| article we are taking a quick look at where
| the R600/700 3D support is at in Fedora 12.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_r600_3d&num=1

REVIEW: Red Hat Fedora 12 Beta Makes Progress on
System Privilege, Virtualization Fronts

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora, Red Hat's leading-edge Linux-based OS,
| has hit a beta milestone. eWEEK Labs' tests
| show that Fedora 12 will provide the latest and
| greatest versions of popular open-source
| applications, as well as features that
| strengthen not only Fedora but also Linux
| distributions in general. In particular, Fedora
| 12 advances the state of Linux system privilege
| management on multiple fronts and exhibits
| continued progress in virtualization.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/REVIEW-Red-Hat-Fedora-12-Beta-Makes-Progress-on-System-Privilege-Virtualization-Fronts-594288/

Fedora 12 Beta on Thinkpad T500