[News] Free Software Proving Disruptive, Qualcomm Explains Why it Joined

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Proving Disruptive, Qualcomm Explains Why it Joined
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:58:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source is disruptive tech for developers

,----[ Quote ]
| We have a proven track record in contributing
| to the Open Source R&D, including significant
| contributions to projects such as Apache Web
| Services, OpenBRR, the Sahana Disaster
| Management project and OLPC. Our support to
| Sahana and OLPC projects has been part of our
| sustainability initiatives, which focus on
| making an impact in humanitarian and
| educational areas thereby helping to create a
| more digitally-inclusive society.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/Open-Source/Feature/Open-Source-is-disruptive-tech-for-developers/21109127182/0/

QuIC's Rob Chandhok on why mobile open source matters to Qualcomm

,----[ Quote ]
| One potentially interesting announcement last
| week was the news that Qualcomm was setting up
| a subsidiary called Qualcomm Innovation Center
| (QuIC) to focus on open source mobile
| technology.
`----

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/Qualcomm+Innovation+Center/feature.asp?c=16502

Recent:

Qualcomm Creates New Open Source Subsidiary

,----[ Quote ]
| Qualcomm said its new firm will develop open
| source for things like Linux, Webkit, Symbian,
| Android, and Chrome, and that it has
| transferred a number of its experienced
| software engineers to the new subsidiary.
`----

http://www.socaltech.com/qualcomm_creates_new_open_source_subsidiary/s-0024790.html

Qualcomm Opens Subsidiary Focused on Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/174359/qualcomm_opens_subsidiary_focused_on_open_source.html