[News] Pay-to-Say Gangster Group Look to Appease Free Software Community

  • Subject: [News] Pay-to-Say Gangster Group Look to Appease Free Software Community
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:34:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Time to upgrade open source perceptions of Gartner

,----[ Quote ]
| This resulted in some suggesting that
| Gartner's research was simply a reflection
| of which companies paid it the most money
| (and recently netted the analyst firm a
| lawsuit).
|
| I made similar accusations myself.
|
| Gartner responded to such attacks,
| defending the integrity of its research.
| Yet its blind spot to open source seemed to
| persist.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10388091-16.html

Microsoft and SAP lagging on open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft and SAP are falling behind when
| it comes to taking advantage of open source
| technology, despite cut-throat competition
| in the enterprise software market, a new
| analysis by Gartner has found.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28994/53/

Switching to FOSS saves money? MS begs to differ

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/Open-Source/Feature/Switching-to-FOSS-saves-money-MS-begs-to-differ/301009127092/0/

Related:

Why IDC-Novell survey is a dud

,----[ Quote ]