[News] Time for Microsoft to Move to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Time for Microsoft to Move to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:08:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

T-Mobile Service Goes Down For Many

Microsoft's Sidekick restoration turns into farce

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft played spot the difference over the
| weekend with statements on Saturday and Sunday
| that hinted at âsteady progressâ for the
| recovery of data its Danger subsidiary lost for
| many Sidekick customers.
|
| [...]
|
| The fallout was huge and Microsoft scurried to
| paint a more optimistic picture for Dangerâs
| unhappy customers, at the same time some punters
| threatened legal action against Redmond and T-
| Mobile.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/19/microsoft_danger_sidekick_where_art_thou_data/

Document: Microsoft, T-Mobile sued over Sidekick data outage

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's a copy of one (PDF, 21 pages), filed on
| behalf of Maureen Thompson, a Georgia resident who
| experienced a "complete and catastrophic loss of
| all data on her daughter's Sidekick." The suit
| claims that the architecture of Danger's Sidekick
| data system contributed significantly to the
| problem.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/full_text_suit_against_microsoft_t-mobile_over_sidekick.html?ana=from_rss

Sidekick users share their horror stories

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10372826-56.html