[News] Litl Apparently Chooses GNU/Linux for Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] Litl Apparently Chooses GNU/Linux for Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:41:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

US start-up punts family friendly netbook appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Litl hasn't said what OS the Webbook uses,
| but it certainly has a Moblin look about it,
| with its presentation of website bookmarks,
| contacts, media files, social networking
| accounts and so on as on-screen widgets. It
| has true widgets too.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/04/litl_launches_webbook/

Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic Koala) on Netbooks - Part 1 (Overview)

,----[ Quote ]
| So, with these changes I have ended up with
| what I consider to be a very usable netbook
| desktop for the standard Ubuntu distribution. I
| think it is good for experienced users, who
| know their way around and don't need to have
| everything spread open in front of them all the
| time. Next up, I'll take a look at the Karmic
| Netbook Remix, and see what has been done to
| make Ubuntu even more user friendly on
| netbooks.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014362o-2000498448b,00.htm

Recent:

Asus to Launch Android-based Smartbook Next Year

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Asus-Android-Netbook-Smartbook,8962.html