[News] Google Brings Out Bits of Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Google Brings Out Bits of Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 07:42:11 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google: The open-source savior we deserve

,----[ Quote ]
| Until we cross the border into Utopia, we're
| going to continue to see the biggest
| investments in open-source innovation come
| from Google and its peers: companies with
| wallets fat with proprietary profits.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10388101-16.html

Google wheels out Chrome, Wave updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's developers clearly missed all the
| Halloween fun, with both the Chrome and Wave
| teams slinging out updates yesterday.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/03/google_betas/

Google Wave Sandbox is Now Open for Federation

,----[ Quote ]
| Google just opened the Google Wave developer
| sandbox for federation. Developers can now
| begin prototyping tools against
| WaveSandbox.com. Google tested earlier
| versions of Wave with a small number of
| developers on the Wave sandbox and this
| server will now become the platform for
| testing interoperability between different
| Wave servers. Google also released a how-to
| document that explains how to set up a Java-
| based Wave server over the weekend. More
| details about how to implement the Wave
| Federation Protocol can be found here.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/google_wave_sandbox_is_now_open_for_federation.php