[News] Freedom in Firmware, More Openness in Flickr APIs

  • Subject: [News] Freedom in Firmware, More Openness in Flickr APIs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 07:56:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The case for open firmware

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre a gadget junkie like me your house
| is probably similarly littered with devices
| that did a job once, and could still do so
| much more, if only the vendors kept them up
| with the times. Join with me in lobbying for
| open source firmware.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29011/1141/

Flickr creates Garden: makes open source digestible

,----[ Quote ]
| Flickr was ahead of the curve when it opened
| its API to third party developers in 2004, a
| trend which has since caught on with next-
| generation social sites.
`----

http://www.revolutionmagazine.com/news/964069/Flickr-creates-Garden-makes-open-source-digestible/

Recent:

IGELâs new Linux Universal Desktop firmware helps customers save time, money
and energy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=48692