[News] New Book Shows How Hollywood MAFIAA Changes the Law

  • Subject: [News] New Book Shows How Hollywood MAFIAA Changes the Law
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:07:41 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Big Content: Using "moral panics" to change copyright law

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the top copyright lawyers in the US
| takes Big Content to the woodshed in his new
| book, saying that "the Copyright Wars are a
| fight against our own children and it is a
| fight that says everything about the adults
| and very little about the children."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/11/big-content-using-moral-panics-to-change-copyright-law.ars

Dear Hulu: Stop Treating Me Like A Criminal

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem the industry is facing isn't due
| to some guy in Europe catching The Colbert
| Report from across the sea. It comes from
| turning off legitimate customers and users
| who are sick of being treated like crap.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091102/0346396760.shtml

Millions of File-Sharers Hide Their Identities Online

,----[ Quote ]
| Millions of file-sharers have responded to
| the entertainment industry lobby by taking
| measures to hide their identities. A recent
| survey found that in Sweden alone, half a
| million Internet subscribers use anonymizing
| services. The findings further suggest that
| tougher anti-piracy legislation will boost
| these numbers significantly.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/millions-of-file-sharers-hide-their-identities-online-091103/

Joss Stone Reveals Why Lily Allen Hates Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Lily Allen, blah blah, piracy, downloading,
| Itâs Not Alright, etc etc. Cutting through
| all the nonsense, comes a beautiful ray of
| light. Joss Stone says Lily hates piracy
| because she canât sing.
|
| âYeah, I love it. I think itâs brilliant and | Iâll tell you why,â Joss Stone said last
| year, referring to music piracy.
|
| âMusic should be shared. The only part about
| music that I dislike is the business that is
| attached to it. Now, if music is free, then
| there is no business, there is just music.
| So, I like it, I think that we should
| share.â
|
| âI donât care how you hear it as long as you
| hear it,â she added. âAs long as you come to
| my show, and have a great time listening to
| the live show itâs totally cool. I donât
| mind. Iâm happy that they hear it.â
`----

http://freakbits.com/joss-stone-reveals-why-lily-allen-hates-piracy-1103

Leslie Stahl Needs To Get a Clue About P2P

,----[ Quote ]
| Leslie Stahl had a piece Sunday night on 60
| minutes on the supposed impact of piracy on
| the movie industry. (You can watch it here.)
| Her piece was so slanted toward the Motion
| Picture Association of America, it was
| almost laughable (if it weren't so
| maddening).
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story235660.html

Recent:

60 Minutes Puts Forth Laughable, Factually Incorrect MPAA Propaganda On Movie Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091101/1818186751.shtml