[News] 2009 Linux Kernel Summit Covered by Heise

  • Subject: [News] 2009 Linux Kernel Summit Covered by Heise
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 01:10:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kernel Log - Discussions at the 2009 Kernel Summit, FatELF in the
firing line, new graphics drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| This year's Kernel Summit saw Linux developers,
| led by Linus Torvalds, discussing the
| development process and gaining an insight into
| how Google uses the Linux kernel in-house.
| Ulrich Drepper and Alan Cox think universal
| binaries in Linux are a step in the wrong
| direction. Various graphics drivers have
| recently been updated to add new functionality.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Kernel-Log-Discussions-at-the-2009-Kernel-Summit-FatELF-in-the-firing-line-new-graphics-drivers-850044.html

Recent:

Linux 2.6.32-rc6

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been over two weeks since -rc5, partly
| because of a very quiet week  there due to lots
| of kernel people (including me) being in Tokyo
| for the  annual kernel summit, but also partly
| because we had an annoying problem with ext4
| filesystem corruption after unclean shutdowns.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/11/3/377

The 2009 Linux Kernel Summit

,----[ Quote ]