[News] GNU/Linux to Windows: Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux to Windows: Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 01:16:16 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows 7 Versus Linux.

,----[ Quote ]
| So, if you really need PhotoShop, you can use
| it in Linux. I you don't need Photoshop, you
| can run Gimp for free! It works just like
| Photoshop and is every bit as powerful.
`----

http://www.oneclicklinux.com/2009/11/windows-7-versus-linux.html

GNU/Linux can also run Photoshop, with wine.

Value added equals useless bloat.

,----[ Quote ]
| What is it with installing programs these days?
| Just about any program you wish to install
| comes with some useless so called value added
| junk which does nothing but use up computer
| resources and slow it down. Being a technical
| person I can of course easily remove or disable
| those extras but I really feel sorry for those
| who don't know any better.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/value-added-equals-useless-bloat-35184

Recent:

5 Reasons why Ubuntu 9.10 is better than Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15035/5_reasons_why_ubuntu_9_10_is_better_than_windows_7