[News] Ubuntu Interviews About Platform and Security

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Interviews About Platform and Security
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 01:58:44 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Meet the Platform Team Managers: Matt Zimmerman

,----[ Quote ]
| In this final interview in my Where Karmic's
| Karma Comes From series, we meet Matt
| Zimmerman, Ubuntu CTO and chair of the
| Ubuntu Technical Board. Matt brings each
| team together with his tireless efforts to
| ensure quality, professionalism, and polish
| to each release.
`----

http://ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu/Meet-the-Platform-Team-Managers-Matt-Zimmerman

Q&A: Ubuntu 9.10 security

,----[ Quote ]
| Kees Cook is the security engineer and Gerry
| Carr is the head of platform marketing at
| Canonical. In this interview they discuss
| the security improvements in Ubuntu 9.10,
| the security challenges the Ubuntu team
| faces as well as what the latest version of
| Ubuntu offers to the developer community.
`----

http://www.net-security.org/article.php?id=1343

Recent:

An Interview With lisati

,----[ Quote ]
| An interest in Linux, and Ubuntu in
| particular, came many years later. This was
| initially out of curiosity but later as an
| alternative to Windows for everyday use
| (email, surfing, basic wordprocessing etc).
| I started using Ubuntu regularly in 2007
| with the 7.04 release (âFeisty Fawnâ) and
| have had at least one machine with it
| installed ever since. The purists might
| wince, but I keep Windows around because
| Iâve paid good money for some Windows
| software with a feature set I like to help
| with video editing.
`----

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/10/an-interview-with-lisati/

Meet Francis Lacoste

,----[ Quote ]
| Francis Lacoste recently started on a six-
| month stint of running the Canonical
| Launchpad team. It seemed like a good time
| to find out a little more about him.
|
| Matthew: How did you get into free software?
|
| Francis: It was 1996, with a few friends at
| university, we started an online cinema
| magazine and) I developed the first
| generation of the content management system
| for the site. I was looking to develop this
| as a âfree for non-commercial useâ software.
| Since my Mac at the time kept crashing
| (Internet and Apple didnât worked well), I
| looked into mklinux which was a Linux
| variant for Powermac. And then I stumbled
| upon the GNU Manifesto. This made so much
| sense to me, that I ditched the âfree for
| non-commercial useâ and became a GNU head.
`----

http://blog.launchpad.net/meet-the-devs/meet-francis-lacoste

Jono Bacon on the Value of Good Communities

,----[ Quote ]
| James Turner: Let's start by talking about what is your role at Canonical
| these days?
|
| Jono Bacon: Okay. So my role is the Ubuntu Community Manager at Canonical. My
| job is to encourage and to enable the global Ubuntu community to do good work
| that's productive and that they enjoy doing themselves. I have a team at
| Canonical; we work with many of the different aspects of the Ubuntu community
| across translations, development, packaging--all manner of different
| things--to help people to really make the most out of their contributions to
| Ubuntu.
`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/07/jono-bacon-on-the-value-of-goo.html

Interview with Jono Bacon - Ubuntu Community Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| I believe that today Ubuntu plays a critical role in the Linux ecosystem,
| primarily in that Ubuntu is bring legions of new users and contributors over
| to the Open Source family. We have seen massive growth in the user community
| in recent years, and the continued growth of Ubuntu on netbooks is continuing
| to expose Linux to new users via Ubuntu. I feel that Ubuntu has been the much
| needed on-ramp to bring many who are totally unfamiliar with Linux into our
| world.
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/interviews-28/interview-with-jono-bacon-ubuntu-community-manager-712635/

Talking Community With Ubuntu's Jono Bacon

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/talking-community-with-ubuntus-jono-bacon