[News] GNU/Linux Does Well on Sub-notebooks, Preinstalled at HP

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Does Well on Sub-notebooks, Preinstalled at HP
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:20:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux owns 32 percent of netbook market, says study

,----[ Quote ]
| ABI Research is projecting that in 2009
| Linux will represent 32 percent of netbook
| sales, far higher than the seven percent
| figure claimed by Microsoft, says a report.
| ABI also estimates that Linux will overtake
| Windows on netbooks by 2013, largely due to
| sales in less-developed countries, says the
| story.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/ABI-netbook-study/

Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic Koala) on Netbooks - Part 2 (Netbook Remix)

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, so much for slogging through a lot of
| the details. Overall, I like the Karmic
| Netbook Release better than I did the
| previous ones. I think it is visually
| better, clearer, easier to understand and
| use. Some time ago I set up an HP Mini 2140
| with UNR for a friend. I will be seeing her
| again soon, and I will show her the new UNR
| release and ask if she would like for me to
| upgrade it for her.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014371o-2000498448b,00.htm

HP Mini 5101

,----[ Quote ]
| You have to be prepared to live with Windows
| XP Home, Windows 7 Starter or Linux and deal
| with the usual netbook constraints such as a
| 10.1-inch screen, no optical drive and an
| Intel Atom N280 processor.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014364o-2000667842b,00.htm

Recent:

Linux's share of netbooks surging, not sagging, says analyst

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140343/Linux_s_share_of_netbooks_surging_not_sagging_says_analyst