[News] Multi-Channel Audio Production in GNU/Linux, Chrome Plugins

  • Subject: [News] Multi-Channel Audio Production in GNU/Linux, Chrome Plugins
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Making Multi-Channel Firewire Music With Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I scored a nice deal on a Focusrite Saffire
| Pro 26 Firewire recording interface. My studio
| PC does not have Firewire so I also bought a
| SIIG PCI Firewire 400 card and a 6-pin to 6-
| pin cable. Focusrite is a good supporter of
| the FFADO project, which writes Linux drivers
| for Firewire recording devices. (I do not
| understand Linux users who make themselves
| crazy trying to force an unsupported or
| poorly-supported piece of hardware to work on
| Linux. So they save a couple bucks, it's still
| a losing proposition.)
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2009110700635MMHW

5 New Chrome Extensions Worth Trying â Twitter, Google Tasks, YouTube enhancer & more

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/11/5-new-chrome-extensions-worth-trying.html

Recent:

Build A Real Time Audio Studio

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is a fantastic platform for audio production. Find out how to build the
| perfect production environment.
|
| [...]
|
| ALSA, or the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, sits within the Linux kernel
| itself as a series of hardware drivers. Audio data is passed from ALSA to the
| user-level applications that manipulate the audio. But despite this low level
| integration and a built-in potential for good low latency performance, most
| default Linux installations make poor audio production computers. Thatâs
| because thereâs still too much going on in the background, and too many
| throwbacks from the time when Linux was designed primarily for server
| installation.
|
| Luckily, Linux is a highly configurable operating system, and this means that
| you can create the perfect audio platform just by making a few tweaks. Weâve
| chosen the latest version of Ubuntu to be our guinea pig.
`----

http://www.pcplus.co.uk/node/3091/

Little Boxes: Audio Production Hardware At Studio Dave

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/little-boxes-audio-production-hardware-studio-dave