[News] Load of New Releases of GNU/Linux and BSD

  • Subject: [News] Load of New Releases of GNU/Linux and BSD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:36:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ULTILEX

,----[ Quote ]
| # 07-Nov-2009: Release 5.0.0 is available for download.
| "Slax" is updated to version 6.1.2 (customized for
| better user experience), "System Rescue CD" is updated
| to version 1.3.1, "Puppy Linux" is updated to version
| 4.3.1, "Parted Magic" is updated to version 4.5 and
| "Tiny Core" is updated to version 2.4.1. New feature
| has been added: "boot.kernel.org" (BKO) is available
| as boot option. This allowes you to boot your PC from
| remote location (internet). Visit http://boot.kernel.org
| for more information.
`----

http://ultilex.linux-bg.org/

Amahi Linux Home Server 4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Amahi version 4.2 is released. Amahi Linux
| Home Server is a server targeted for home
| and home office environments.
`----

http://www.itrunsonlinux.com/news/124-amahi-linux-home-server-42

Moblin v2.1 goes beta, adds 3G support

,----[ Quote ]
| The Moblin project released the first beta
| of Moblin 2.1, fixing numerous bugs while
| adding support for a 3G modem. Other touted
| improvements to the netbook-focused Moblin
| 2.1 include a faster browser with plugin
| support, Bluetooth discovery support,
| higher
| screen resolution support, and an enhanced
| ConnMan.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5265254787.html?kc=rss

paldo 1.20 released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the release of
| paldo 1.20 with many bug fixes and updates.
|
| Enhancements to point out:
|
|     * GNOME 2.28.1
|     * OpenOffice.org 3.1.1
|     * Firefox 3.5.5