[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Goes International, on Television Also

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Goes International, on Television Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:41:20 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Hits Italian National Television (again)

,----[ Quote ]
| One interesting thing about the report is
| how heavily they focus on the Koala as the
| mascot of the release. Ubuntu generally
| takes the view that its release mascots are
| used only during the development phase, and
| that the final version when released should
| be referred to by its version number
| (Ubuntu 9.10, in this case). However the
| way that the programme focused on the image
| of the Koala demonstrates that people will
| find it easy to associate with such
| mascots.
`----

http://www.mdke.org/?p=101

Ubuntu Marketing resurrection and SpreadUbuntu, Karmic Release in Norway, Ubuntu Open Week in Spanish â Update

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Marketing team has existed for
| ages but has been a little unstructured,
| lacked a vision with a path of action and
| thus its potential has not been reached
| this far. Some good project have been
| created there (The Fridge and the Ubuntu
| Weekly Newsletter being the greatest
| examples) but itâs been a long time since
| some palpable progress has been made. And
| thatâs just sad, because we can make this
| team suck less and produce more.
`----

http://huayra.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/ubuntu-marketing-resurrection-and-spreadubuntu-karmic-release-in-norway-ubuntu-open-week-in-spanish-update/

Install Wallpaper Clocks In Ubuntu Linux

http://www.webupd8.org/2009/11/install-wallpaper-clocks-in-ubuntu.html

10 Cool Innovative Linux Wallpapers For Ubuntu Users

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-cool-innovative-linux-wallpapers-for-ubuntu-users/

Recent:

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 1237

,----[ Quote ]