[News] Many New Examples of Openness/Sharing Spreading

  • Subject: [News] Many New Examples of Openness/Sharing Spreading
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:31:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Polish Ministry Creates Incentives for Sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ministryâs Cultural Education program
| is the first of its kind in Poland to
| encourage grant recipients to freely and
| publicly share educational content. The
| program, with a budget of 11,5 million
| Polish zloty (about 4 million Euro), will
| fund educational projects that promote
| creativity and self-expression, as well as
| provide children and youth with extra-
| curricular artistic education.

Ott Planetarium release open movie, announce workshop

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ott Planetarium (see also our previous
| posts) have released their latest
| production, 'Sizing up Space' as an open
| movie â including all source files. In
| addition, they have planned a new workshop.
`----

http://www.blendernation.com/ott-planetarium-release-open-movie-announce-workshop/

All that self-publishing stuff Iâve looked into

,----[ Quote ]
| A while back, my sister asked me for some
| information on the self-publishing options
| Iâve been investigating. My response went
| into more detail than I expected, and
| seemed beneficial to more people than her,
| so I finally took some time to edit it for
| my blog.
`----

http://archlinux.me/dusty/2009/11/06/all-that-self-publishing-stuff-ive-looked-into/?referrer=http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com

An Interview with Michael Hart

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently had the privilege of
| interviewing Michael Hart, former editor
| and
| founder of Project Gutenberg. In our
| interview, Michael discusses the future of
| PG, and looks back on how it has evolved
| through changing times.
`----

http://www.gutenbergnews.org/20091106/an-interview-with-michael-hart/

Searching

,----[ Quote ]
| This page describes how to search for items
| of legislation held within Legislation API.
`----

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation-api/developer/searching

Recent:

Canonical Matching Creative Commons Donations

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/11/05/canonical-matching-creative-commons-donations/