[News] Free Software Browsers and Opera Complain About Lack of Punishment for IE Crimes

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Browsers and Opera Complain About Lack of Punishment for IE Crimes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:57:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How could Microsoftâs Proposed Browser Ballot be More Effective?

,----[ Quote ]
| Another important factor is how much physical space on
| the ballot each item is designated. The current design
| runs into some problems with designated space per item,
| swayed in favor of IE. For instance, in the current
| design:
|
| - The user must double-click on an Internet Explorer
| icon, labeled âInternet Explorerâ, to launch the ballot
| - The ballot appears within Internet Explorer browser
| chrome
| - Internet Explorer is mentioned repeatedly within the
| ballot, Bing is shown as the default search engine, and
| the IE logo appears as a favicon multiple times
|
| The current space allocation for IE is roughly 3.35
| times as much as the other browsers.
`----

http://jboriss.wordpress.com/2009/11/02/how-could-microsofts-proposed-browser-ballot-be-more-awesome/

Report: Browser makers contest Microsoft browser ballot deal

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2009/11/05/urnidgns852573C40069388000257665005C1B49.DTL

`----