[News] GNOME Marketing Organises a Hackfest

GNOME Marketing Hackfest & Chicago GNOME Meetup

,----[ Quote ]
| While weâre there, weâd like to invite any
| Chicago GNOME users and developers to join us
| for a drink or bite to eat Tuesday night at
| 6:30 p.m. at the Rock Bottom Brewery at One
| West Grand Ave.
`----

http://www.silwenae.org/blog/?p=1245

Recent:

New Preview Releases Of Mutter, GNOME Shell

,----[ Quote ]
| While carrying the "2.28" tag, these releases of
| Mutter and GNOME Shell are only to serve as previews
| with their code still undergoing very active
| development. The stable releases will not come until
| GNOME 3.0, which will come next March.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzU4OA

First impressions of gnome-shell

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm quite conservative with my desktop usually, I like
| the default Ubuntu configuration and know it well. That
| said Iâm enjoying using gnome-shell and intend to use it
| for a while at least. Iâm looking forward to it
| evolving, including new concepts and growing more
| popular. The negatives Iâve noticed I think are mostly
| down to lack of time. Iâm not sure if itâs going to be
| âreadyâ for the targeted date of next March and am not
| sure that it should be â thereâs plenty more to
| prototype.
`----

http://www.deansas.org/blog/2009/09/24/first-impressions-of-gnome-shell/

A New Development Release Of GNOME Shell

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ5Mg