[News] Mandriva Climbs to #1 Position in DistroWatch, Gets Good Review

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva Climbs to #1 Position in DistroWatch, Gets Good Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:10:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Wizard - First on Distrowatch for the last 7 days

,----[ Quote ]
| So congratulation to all the Mandriva team
| and community for this Mandriva 2010
| release.
`----

http://www.linux-wizard.net/blog-first_on_distrowatch_for_the_last_7_days-295.html

First look at Mandriva Linux 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mandriva company has done a fine job
| in offering a diverse set of products that
| should appeal to free (libre) software
| advocates, as well as people more
| concerned with having things work out of
| the box than with software freedoms. The
| distribution is a careful mix of
| professional commercial product and open
| source community project. If you're
| looking for a distro that you can suggest
| to your non-Linux friends and family, a
| distro that will work smoothly, offer lots
| of options, sane defaults and not require
| any command-line interaction, this is it.
| Mandriva is setting the bar higher and I
| strongly recommend giving it a try.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20091109#feature

Recent:

Quick Review: Mandriva 2010 â Impressive

,----[ Quote ]
| Altogether Mandriva seems to have a good
| interface and a lot going for it beneath
| the surface.  Perhaps the only annoying
| part about it is it has a very commercial
| feel and comes with links on the desktop
| offering Mandriva products.
`----

http://vwbusguy.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/quick-review-mandriva-2010-impressive/

Mandriva Linux 2010 Review and Commentary

,----[ Quote ]
| Exploring further, we see the control
| center has seen some changes and has a nice
| clean new layout. Another one of Mandriva's
| strong suits is there control center and
| it's integrated applications. All work very
| well and make for a nice overall experience
| for the end user. We quite like the layout
| and the organization they've put into this
| release.
`----

http://linuxcritic.com/stories/20-Mandriva-Linux-2010-Review-and-Commentary.html

Mandriva Linux 2010 â Very Impressive

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva, in my opinion, has the best KDE
| implementation around. They proved it once
| again with this release. The KDE edition is
| just awesome. I have not looked at the
| GNOME edition yet. Having used Mandrivaâs
| GNOME edition for the past year and a half,
| I think that would be just as great. I am
| anyway giving it a spin in the coming days.
| I would definitely recommend Mandriva 2010
| to any one who wants to get started with
| Linux or try out a great distribution.
`----

http://pbs01.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/mandriva-linux-2010-very-impressive/

Mandriva 2010 Final Perfect Window Killer

,----[ Quote ]
| For beginner to expert it is the excellent
| distro, a perfect window killer and better
| then Windows any version whether its
| XP,Vista or 7. So what you are looking for
| try once and forget everything.
`----

http://distrolove.blogspot.com/2009/11/mandriva-2010-final-perfect-window.html

Mandriva 2010 installation walk through