[News] Good Reception (Fore)Seen for Chrome OS (Linux)

  • Subject: [News] Good Reception (Fore)Seen for Chrome OS (Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:13:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Huge anticipation for Google's Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| A not inconsiderable 22 per cent of people
| suggested that they would download Chrome OS
| the moment they possibly could, so that they
| could try out Google's attempt at an
| operating system that fits in with cloud
| computing.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/huge-anticipation-for-google-s-chrome-os-647890

Mythbuntu 9.10 (MythTV 0.22) installation

,----[ Quote ]
| On both my main box (Nvidia 8600GT) and my
| Zotac Ion (Nvidia 9400M) the âBob 2Xâ de-
| interlacer delivered the goods. Playback was
| ultra smooth on any format (mpeg2, h264) and
| resolution (480, 720, 1080) I threw at it! No
| stutters, hiccups or audio sync issues
| whatsoever.
`----

http://pdavila.homelinux.org:8080/blog/?p=360

Recent:

5 Entertaining Chrome OS Fakes

,----[ Quote ]
| What's interesting is that it actually came as
| a package for Ubuntu which could indicate that
| Chrome OS might be some variation of Ubuntu.
`----

http://chromehelpforums.com/thread-121-post-123.html#pid123

Want That Early Chrome OS Build? You Got It.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/14/want-that-early-chrome-os-build-you-got-it/