[News] [Rival] Bong Had Vulnerability, So Microsoft Threatens Messenger

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bong Had Vulnerability, So Microsoft Threatens Messenger
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:48:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Surrendering to Microsoft and Bing Cashback

,----[ Quote ]
| The purpose of my post was to show an
| implementation problem, not to encourage
| defrauding Microsoft.  I am surprised they
| would go through this much trouble to make
| me take down information that is obvious
| to anyone reading their documentation. I
| donât like dealing with lawyers, so Iâve
| decided to comply with their request.  The
| post is gone.  I will still write a ânon-
| technicalâ post on all the problems I see
| with Bing Cashback in the next few days.
`----

http://bountii.com/blog/2009/11/07/surrendering-to-microsoft-and-bing-cashback/

Microsoft Tries To Censor Bing Vulnerability

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's bing search engine has a
| vulnerability with its cash-back
| promotion, which impacts both merchants
| and customers. In traditional Microsoft
| fashion, the company has responded to the
| author of the breaking bing cashback
| expoit with a cease & desist letter,
| rather than by fixing the underlying
| security problem.
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/11/09/2319233/Microsoft-Tries-To-Censor-Bing-Vulnerability?from=rss

Recent:

Bing Search Tainted by Pro-Microsoft Results

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://advice.cio.com/shane_oneill/bing_search_tainted_by_pro_microsoft_results