[News] ATI R300 Gallium3D DRI Done in Linux Kernel Space, Reiser4 Likely Coming

  • Subject: [News] ATI R300 Gallium3D DRI Done in Linux Kernel Space, Reiser4 Likely Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:52:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ATI R300 Gallium3D DRI Support Is "Done"

,----[ Quote ]
| A month ago we shared that the Gallium3D
| driver for the ATI R300/400/500 graphics
| cards (up through the Radeon X1000 series)
| was mostly done. Now today, the key author
| of the R300 Gallium3D driver, Corbin
| Simpson, has updated the status wiki to
| reflect the latest changes. The key change?
| The DRI state tracker report is no longer
| "mostly" implemented, but now it's "done"
| according to Corbin.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY4Ng

Reiser4 May Go For Mainline Inclusion In 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| It's possible we could possibly see Reiser4
| in the mainline Linux kernel in H2'2010.
| Assuming this all works out and Shishkin
| and the other developers go for inclusion
| shortly thereafter, it would put Reiser4 on
| the block around the Linux 2.6.36 time-
| frame.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY4OQ

Recent:

AMD Releases OpenCL ATI GPU Support For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzYwOA