[News] Media Industry Gets Taste of Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Media Industry Gets Taste of Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:59:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Online Video World Disrupted by New Open Source Entrant

,----[ Quote ]
| Kaltura, Inc. (http://www.kaltura.com),
| developer of the first open source video
| platform, today announced that it has
| received wide industry recognition by three
| independent sources over the past two
| months.
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2641653/

Diversion Media to Present at Producers Guild of America New
Media Council East Panel on Open Source Software for Producers

,----[ Quote ]
| `Brave New (Open) World: A Producer`s
| Primer on the Latest Open Source Software`
| At The New School`s Lang Auditorium...
`----

http://dmnnewswire.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=899704

Recent:

Opening my Eyes to Another Advantage of Openness

,----[ Quote ]
| It was chaired by Michal Tsur from Kaltura. It
| was a company I'd already come across, but it
| was a good opportunity to learn a little more:
|
| Kaltura's platform includes an easily
| customizable set of widgets that seamlessly
| integrate into video applications on web
| platforms of any kind. Publishers can deploy
| existing widgets and apps or take advantage of
| Kaltura's open architecture in order to develop
| new ones.
|
| Whether you need a basic online video platform
| or one with a robust set of advanced features â
| Kaltura has a solution for you. Our open
| framework provides everything you need to
| design, develop, and deploy rapid and cost-
| effective video applications on any site.
|
| Interestingly, Kaltura does not employ the
| currently-fashionable âopen coreâ approach of
| providing some of its code under a free software
| licence, and add-ons under proprietary ones.
|
| Instead, it's a pure dual-licensing set-up: the
| same code is available under free (GNU Affero
| GPL) and non-free licences, for all the usual
| reasons.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2589&blogid=14

Ron Yekutiel, Chairman and CEO of Kaltura

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tvweek.com/talking-tv/dealmakers/2008/12/ron_yekutiel_chairman_and_ceo.php