[News] Vista 7 Update Problems Lead to Fury

HP, Dell punters furious over Windows 7 upgrade delays

,----[ Quote ]
| Some Hewlett-Packard and Dell customers are
| up in arms about delays to the Windows 7
| upgrades promised to punters who purchased
| PCs from the hardware vendors earlier this
| year.
|
| [...]
|
| However, weeks on from that launch, HP and
| Dellâs tech support forums are awash with
| customers complaining that the upgrade
| hasnât been shipped to them yet.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/11/10/hp_dell_customers_hit_by_windows_7_upgrade_delays/

Car Pedal:

The Bizarre Cathedral - 58

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/bizarre_cathedral_58

Recent:

Windows 7 upgrade problems vex users

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoftâs new operating system (OS),
| Windows 7, has been out since a week now.
| Though the product had a successful launch,
| and the early sales appeared strong, things
| do not seem to be working very well for the
| OS.
|
| Much of the talk about Windows 7 now seems to
| revolve around problems encountered while
| installing the operating system. Moving to
| Windows 7 hasnât been as easy for the users
| as it initially seemed.
`----

http://www.themoneytimes.com/featured/20091102/windows-7-upgrade-problems-vex-users-id-1089570.html

Intel investigates iPhone sync problems with new chipset

,----[ Quote ]
| "If we determine this to be a problem
| specific to Windows 7, we will post an update
| on the Microsoft Answers site," Microsoft
| told The Register.
`----

http://www.macnn.com/articles/09/11/02/connection.failures.report.on.p55.components/

Users should delay Windows 7 upgrade, support firm warns

,----[ Quote ]
| Users should wait for Microsoft to work out
| the bugs in Windows 7 before jumping on the
| new operating system, a Syracuse, N.Y.-based
| computer support company said today.
|
| "From the calls we're getting, as well as our
| own experience in the past with all
| Microsoft's operating systems, we're
| recommending that people stick with their
| time-tested OS and wait for the dust to
| settle," said Josh Kaplan, president of
| Rescuecom.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140156/Users_should_delay_Windows_7_upgrade_support_firm_warns

Windows 7 And You: Wait For The Service Pack?

,----[ Quote ]
| For many, the official release of a new
| Microsoft operating system--such as
| Windows 7--is just the starting of a
| clock. They will not buy the new OS until
| Service Pack 1 is released.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/174314/windows_7_and_you_wait_for_the_service_pack.html

Lotus gaining against Microsoft, IBM claims

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27969&Itemid=53