[News] Ubuntu Artists and Testers Come Together

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Artists and Testers Come Together
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:10:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Karmic Art, What the Paintbrush is Saying

,----[ Quote ]
| Today Iâm going to post the artworks,
| backgrounds and other pictures that have
| been posted in the last few weeks. Works
| that either reference ubuntu karmic or at
| least linux or gnu.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/karmic-art-what-the-paintbrush-is-saying/

Ubuntu Testing Team

,----[ Quote ]
| We want to build a Testing Team in Ubuntu
| to try to minimize the impact of bugs in
| the released versions. This team would have
| a mailing list and regular meetings on IRC.
| Activities will be diverse and will include
| things like: formal manual testing,
| exploratory testing, writing new test
| cases, organize and conduct community
| testing days, automated testing and
| developing new tools (yes, if you like to
| code, thereâs also a place for you).
`----

http://ubuntutesting.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/ubuntu-testing-team/

Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been planning a review of Xubuntu for
| quite some time now, so the release of 9.10
| provided a good opportunity.  Since Xubuntu
| has a reputation for running well on older
| hardware, I decided I'd give it a real test
| and install it on a boat anchor that I
| still had in the closet -- A 650MHz Pentium
| III clone with 384MB of ram and 2-13GB hard
| drives.  This just barely meets the
| suggested (not absolute) minimum hardware
| requirements specified by the Xubuntu team.
`----

http://1800ubuntu.com/ubuntu-flavors/24-xubuntu-910-review.html

There are more Ubuntu (GNU/Linux) developers than Windows developers.

Recent:

Xubuntu: The Better Ubuntu than Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| While we regularly discuss Ubuntu, and to a lesser degree Kubuntu, there's
| also a version of Ubuntu tailor-made for the Xfce desktop environment. As
| most of you are aware, it's called Xubuntu, and after trying it out for the
| first time, I have to say that I find that it provides a better and more
| coherent experience than Ubuntu (let alone Kubuntu).
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/21846/Xubuntu_The_Better_Ubuntu_than_Ubuntu

Minimal Xubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]