[News] Man Behind Microsoft's Crimes Wrongly Used as Role Model

  • Subject: [News] Man Behind Microsoft's Crimes Wrongly Used as Role Model
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:04:30 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Next Bill Gates, or the Next Tim B-L?

,----[ Quote ]
| This is rather sad. If we're searching for an
| "IT wizard" to hold up as an example, why not
| look closer to home, and choose Sir Tim
| Berners-Lee? He not only invented the Web, he
| *gave it away*, as one of the most glorious
| acts of altruism we've seen in recent years,
| kick-starting technological, economic and
| social changes that are probably unmatched
| since the Industrial Revolution.
|
| Isn't that something worth celebrating, and
| encouraging others to emulate? Or are we so
| mired in greedy materialism that we must
| instead hold up a man who not only
| accumulated a truly obscene amount of money
| by overcharging people for defective software
| through smart marketing, but is also founder
| of a company that was found to be a monopoly?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/11/next-bill-gates-or-next-tim-b-l.html

Related:

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c