[News] LinuxCertified Markets Desktop GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 9.10 Preinstalled)

  • Subject: [News] LinuxCertified Markets Desktop GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 9.10 Preinstalled)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:26:05 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

LinuxCertified Announces Ultra-Affordable Full Featured Laptop with Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| LC2210Si comes with a 14-inch screen and
| provides an optimal trade-off between mobility
| and power. The laptop come pre-configured with
| many of the common tools used by the technical
| users.
`----

http://linuxcertified.com/lc2210si_pr.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.10 is out. I'm running it on three
| machines. On the two that had 9.04
| previously running on them, the upgrade was
| essentially the push of a button. That was
| awesome. On the machine that had been
| running 8.04, I went with a CD burned copy.
| It did fine as well.
`----

http://lexlocilinux.blogspot.com/2009/11/ubuntu-910.html

Karmic 9.10 Dell Ubuntu and BIOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I have read a few articles about people
| getting burned by 9.10 but I honestly
| havenât had any issues.  The only weirdness
| I noticed was some audio stuttering on a
| work box and that when I shut down an audio
| player, the display disappears a bit before
| the sound stops.   Not what Iâd call show
| stoppers.
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat/2009/11/06/karmic-910-dell-ubuntu-and-bios/

Ubuntu-n00b: Day 1

,----[ Quote ]
| I'll admit it right away: I'm a Windows
| fanboy, so testing Ubuntu as a work
| platform less than two weeks after the
| launch of Windows 7 seems a bit weird.
|
| [...]
|
| So far, all is well, with one exception. We
| use Microsoft Exchange 2007 for e-mail,
| contacts and calendars, and I have not been
| able to get my account up and running in
| Evolution. If anyone has any tips, I'd
| appreciate it.
`----

http://www.frjohnsen.com/ubuntu-n00b-day-1?c=1