[News] Good Experiences Told About Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10

  • Subject: [News] Good Experiences Told About Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:56:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Karmic Koala - Not Ubuntu's Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are thinking of installing Ubuntu
| Karmic but are being put off by the hue and
| cry you are reading all over the net, I can
| confidently say to you that go ahead and
| install it. It is a great release and your
| your system is likely to run smoothly with
| it. The bug issues you are hearing are the
| exception rather than the rule to the
| Ubuntu experience. Go on and enjoy real
| freedom.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2009/11/karmic-koala-not-ubuntus-vista.html

Rough?

,----[ Quote ]
| In summary, my few weeks with Ubuntu 9.10
| as my main OS have thrown up no major
| roadblocks that would cause me to look at
| moving elsewhere; Fedora would be tempting
| if that situation were to arise.
`----

http://technologytales.com/2009/11/11/rough/

Karmic Koala - The Breakthrough Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu has come a long way in a few years
| and pulls together diverse strands of rapid
| progress in the wider Linux ecosystem. This
| is a breakthrough release presenting a new
| optimised kernel, an improved filesystem,
| solid progress in hardware compatibility
| and a better user interface as well as
| improvements in codec and plug-in
| installation and performance. It is a major
| step forward in terms of ease of use,
| performance and versatility.
`----

http://www.verbbusters.com/karmic-koala/karmic-koala.html

Recent:

Ubuntu Karmic Koala NBR on Asus EEE 901

,----[ Quote ]
| Very nice, very simple install with perfect
| results.
|
| Well done Ubuntu!
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/nzsouthernman/6906

I did the deed (yet again)

,----[ Quote ]
| Within an hour, the packages had been
| downloaded and I clicked the button to
| start the upgrade. Then, I went out with my
| daughter. When I got home, I found a dialog
| box asking me whether to keep or overwrite
| a configuration file related to the
| printing system (I kept it). After that,
| the upgrade finished in about 10 minutes
| and my laptop restarted.
`----

http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=543

Ubuntu 9.10 â First Impressions