[News] How Openness and Free Software Help the Web - Examples

  • Subject: [News] How Openness and Free Software Help the Web - Examples
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:49:58 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Creative Commons: Best practices for webmasters

,----[ Quote ]
| For webmasters and web designers, the question
| of where to find high quality images and other
| media to use on your sites can be complicated.
| It can be expensive to purchase photos, even
| if you stick to stock photography. If you run
| a blog or another site that requires lots of
| photos, you can go broke just by purchasing
| images. But there is a way that you can
| legally use photos, music and even text for
| free: Creative Commons.
`----

http://royal.pingdom.com/2009/11/11/creative-commons-best-practices-for-webmasters/

Code Project: control Digg with Python

,----[ Quote ]
| You should know that, even though there's a
| perfectly reasonable - if slightly out of date
| - API for Digg, we're going to create our own
| miniature one instead that does just what we
| need. If you want to go further you'll find
| this an easy place to start, and it also gives
| you some good practice in working with XML.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/code-project-control-digg-python

Recent:

Code Rush in the Creative Commons